Thursday 12 April 2012

Car back from getting the suspension setup...

Well picked up the Civic from TruTrack yesterday, and they basically just spent the day going through fixing up and lubricating various bits and pieces and created a bit of a list of things that need to be done.  These were the major ones:
 - Steering rack is from a power steering model which has been blocked up, he said this will stuff up pretty quickly so need to replace for a manual one
 - Rear suspension, not enough travel on them (which is why it picks up a wheel when cornering). Basically all Jap stuff is like that, and I really need to get something with some more travel.
 - Control arm rubbers need to be changed to urethane (all the car ones really)
 - Rear swaybar (was an Integra one I adapted) was stopping the control arms moving up and down, therefore limiting suspension travel: Swaybar has been removed completely.

In the end he didn't end up corner balance they car, he suggested I change the bushes to urethane before he does as when they are done, it will change it all again. But he did even the suspension and ended up lowering it another 1cm...which also means that once again I can't get my door open on the trailer (time for another block to lift the car up again)!! Also got me 4.5deg front camber (last guy who did it said could only get 2.75deg max, he said he has no idea why they other guy couldn't get it, was easy) and 2deg at the rear.

So yeah, a few things to do over the next few months. I won't worry about the suspension for a while though, but already trying to source a new steering rack and the bushes which I will get my mechanic to install next time I am down there, along with a new shift linkage I need to get done. Also he suggested I drop back to a stock front swaybar and a 21mm - 22mm rear swaybar. So might look at doing that.

Another thing he suggested was for my brake setup, remove the stock prop valve and just have my adjustable in there and have the lines going straight to the wheels. So yeah, lots to think about.

But big props to TruTrack, they picked up things a few mechanics missed and got me the camber I wanted that others said couldn't be done. Very helpful guys too and spend the time running through everything with you and asking what you want.

No pics of what was done, but here is one just for the sake of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment