Monday 2 April 2012

2nd Day, 2nd Post - Don't expect this to continue

So a few days ago I picked up my new wheels, 949 Racing 6UL 15x8", which due to the shop being low in stock and no new stock arriving for a while, were mismatched in colour. So decided to get out a can of spraypaint and DIY paint them. Went for a nice Violet shade for something different!!


So yesterday I got my new Dunlop D03G 205/50 15 fitted up to the new wheels, unlike my old wheels which were a set of OZ Racing 15x6.5 with 225/50 15 tyres fitted, this combo works much more nicely and I no longer have a huge tyre bulge over the edge of the rim causing a lot of roll and pretty bad turn in and mid corner stability (tyre was way too wide for the rim).

Another added bonus is that with this wheel / tyre combo I have shaved 3kg off per corner, so 12kg in total. Pretty handy saving there. Can't wait to get these out on the track and see how they go.

Next on the list is to get the car's suspension professionally setup and corner weighted, so looking at booking something in over the next week before Sandown on the 15th of April.

1 comment:

  1. So re new rims are here! And purple?!?! Only u would do a thing like that! And 12kgs a sweet saving. That's like 1.5% of the total weight yooooo

    ReplyDelete