Tuesday 23 September 2014

Onto the hoist and back to the drawing board....

So got the car up onto the hoist last night and checked it out after the ditch at Sandown. Fortunately everything looked good, sump had a dint which I knew about, all arms checked out, still have a leak from the power steering rack which needs to be changed to non-power steering but once again, I knew about that. So apart from that all looked ok.
 
But the major thing was what I was most worried about, and as I was unloading the car from the trailer and driving it into the workshop it was confirmed...my LSD is gone. The impact must have shattered it, so I need to remove the gearbox and confirm. That LSD was the one thing holding me back from doing a K series swap, so with a potential $2k bill on its way for a new LSD ($1.2k) and a few other things for the gearbox, the K series swap is looking a lot more realistic and the way to go.
 
So the ED may be out of action for 6 months or so...so keep an eye on this space, as it could be back better than ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment